The Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance will be sending nine solo dancers and two eight-person ceili teams to the 2017 World Irish Dancing Championships in Dublin, Ireland April 9-16.
This is the premier event for Irish dancing, with dancers gathering from around the globe to compete. Dancers qualified to dance at Worlds at either the North American Irish Dancing Championships in July of 2016 in Orlando or at the Mid-America Oireachtas in November of 2016 in Chicago.
“We are excited to send these hard working and excited dancers to Ireland to represent our school and to compete on the biggest stage in Irish dancing: the World Championships,” said teacher Laura Gottschlich, TCRG. “All of our dancers show amazing dedication and we are incredibly proud of all of them.”
Cashel soloists are:
- Aisling Brennan, Milwaukee: U16
- Bella Dieringer, Milwaukee: U11
- Max Ehlers, Milwaukee: U15
- Meg Fitzpatrick, Madison: U17
- Gracie Hecht, Wauwatosa: U15
- Norah O’Dea, Madison: U12
- Abby Reynolds, Whitefish Bay: U19
- Bridget Thompson, Madison: U16
- Jared Weber, Wauwatosa: U14
The Cashel ceili teams are:
- U16 Mixed: Gracie Hecht, Samantha Green, Ben Nogrady, Emma Stenzel, Aidan Powers, Max Ehlers, Jared Weber and Aisling Brennan.
- U16 Ladies: Aisling Brennan, Klaudia Eisenreich, Sarah MacKenzie, Caitlin O’Connor, Keara Rappold, Samantha Green, Ava Landmeyer, Emma Stenzel