The 23nd Annual Wisconsin WinterFeis
Wisconsin WinterFeis is Saturday February 6, 2021
Member of the North American Feis Commission, President: Jim Graven
Member of An Coimisiun, Dublin, Ireland
Sponsored by the Cashel Academy Parent Booster Club
The Black and White Reel Special!
The Wisconsin Winterfeis is happy to bring competitors in Beginner 2, Novice and Prizewinner an exciting competition, once again in 2020 – the Black and White Reel Special! Shed that regular costume and try something new for a Reel competition – black and white! Here are some rules to give you an idea of how the competition will be run:
- PLAIN black and white clothing only. No lettering, numbering, symbols, pictures, patterns, stripes, designs etc. of any kind on all clothing, body parts, etc.
- No identification of any names or dance school allowed.
- Competitor’s will wear same competitor number for competition.
- Clothing will be defined as: A) Tops – short sleeve shirt or long sleeve shirt; button up or polo shirts will be allowed; No sweatshirts, sweaters or jackets, can be black or white, or a combination of both B) Bottoms – pants, skirts, skorts or shorts will be allowed, can be black or white, or a combination of both; C) socks or tights will be allowed as long as they are black or white only.
- Hairstyle is optional (i.e., girls – wig or no wig, it’s up to you!). Makeup will be allowed in appropriate age groups (please see Syllabus for more details)and does not have to be black or white (for example, lip stick of any shade may be worn, eye shadow, blush, etc.).
- All accessories must be black and white – hair bands, any items in hair (clips, crowns, headband, tiara, etc.), jewelry or anything not part of the competitor’s clothing.
- All dancers will dance 1 step of the Reel for the competition.
*The Black and White Reel Special competitions will be held AFTER all other competitions are completed in each set of age groups. At this point, we are thinking of doing the Stage Schedule as so: Beginner 2, Novice and Prizewinner Under 11 and younger will be in the morning; Beginner 2, Novice and Prizewinner Under 12 and older will begin upon the completion of Under 11 and younger. Each Black and White Reel Special for Beginner 2, Novice and Prizewinner is done by age this year so there will be no delay in the start of this competition. Each dancer will have enough time to switch costuming, then we will begin.
*The Preliminary and Open Championship Treble Reel competitions, TR5, TR6, TR7 and TR8 will also be “black and white.” ONLY these stated Treble Reel competitions will be “black and white” (not TR1, TR2, TR3 and TR4). This way Champs get to join in the fun as well!